12/23/09

products i want to kill myself for buying

I was tagged by Saadeh to list the worst products of 2009. Thanks for the tag Saadeh! :)

MAC Hello Kitty Too Dolly quad

Yuck. I was bought into the hype of Hello Kitty, yet I didn't think twice about depotting my shadows and using the compact for B2M. I don't really like any of the colors, and I certainly don't use them enough to justify spending $40 on this. I use Stately Black from time to time, Yogurt is used very seldom, Too Dolly has been used only a couple of times, and I don't even touch Romping. Damn you Hello Kitty and your girly cuteness!!!

Newly Minted e/s

UGHHH. I can't remember the last time I used Newly Minted. I bought it because at the time I liked colors and this was pretty damn pigmented. When I brought it home, I thought about what the hell I was going to pair it with, and couldn't come up with anything. When I finally did use it, it was very chalky and when blended, it turned blotchy. I recommend everyone to stay away from this eyeshadow and MAC to discontinue it. :)

Orly Nails for Males

On the bottle somewhere, it says 'matte nail finish'. Uh, it's bullshit. I barely even turned my nailpolish into a satin finish. I tried to use it as a base coat, but it really sucked, so now it's just sitting on my rack. Sigh.


Thanks for looking. I have a couple of FOTDs to post, so look out for that!

3 comments:

  1. lol, I had Newly Minted but I returned it after first use. The texture is horrible

    ReplyDelete
  2. TiffanyD has videos on youtube where you can get inspiration on how to use the too dolly palette and newly minted, so that at least you won't have them sitting in your collection in vain. ahahha

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always a few duds unfortunately, thanks for the tip on Newly Minted I will stay well away :)

    ReplyDelete